Notice and Choice Principles
In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act ('Act') 2010 to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, UiTM Private Education Sdn. Bhd (hereinafter referred to as 'us' or ‘we') is committed to ensure complete compliance with the Act.
This Notice gives you a good understanding on how we handle your personal data that we collect, process and store, either now and/or in the future. This document is also intended to give you, as a data subject, knowledge on how you can control our disclosure of such data. Please read, sign and date this notice to acknowledge that you understand and agree with its content.
We are processing your personal data
We need to collect and process your personal data where you are/can be a party for the purposes stated in item 3 of UiTM Private Education Sdn. Bhd. Personal Data Protection Policy. Generally, your personal data that we collect and process, include but not limited to:- Name, address, telephone number, identity card number/passport number, date of birth, photograph, email address, household information and any other personal data required for the purposes as set out below.
How do we use your data?
Generally, we will use your personal data to meet the purpose for which your personal data may be used and further processed for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you for any notification and inquiry;
- To process your application for admission and placement in INTEC Education College as well as in local and international Higher Education Institutions;
- To verify your identity and background;
- To provide you with information and/or updates on academic and non-academic programmes;
- To respond to inquiries or complaints regarding any matters relating to us;
- To fulfil practical training needs with external organizations, placement or work experience other than relevant programmes and co-curricular activities;
- For direct marketing purposes through SMS, phone calls, e-mails, faxes;
- To assist in direct marketing via SMSes, phone calls, e-mails, faxes, letters, social media and/or any suitable communication channels;
- To send invitations for participation in our events, promotional activities, and product launches;
- To help you participate in any of our activities and events including competitions, promotional activities, and campaigns;
- To monitor, review and improve our events and promotions, as well as products and/or services;
- For internal administration purposes involving facilities at INTEC Education College such as library, laboratory, and others;
- To keep and update internal records such as personal information as well as academic and non-academic records;
- To record alumni data for the purpose of graduation and alumni related events;
- To operate and process any payments related to services such as fee rates and other payments;
- To conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customers profile, customers’ pattern and preference analysis, planning and statistical analysis, as well as trends related to the improvement of our programmes;
- To share the Personal Data when required by sponsors, programmes certification bodies, local and international higher education institutions, auditors for internal auditing and reporting, as well as insurance companies to apply for and obtain insurance policy, risk and safety management, etc.
- To track, investigate and prevent frauds, forbidden activities that is illegal and unauthorized by law;
- To enable us to perform our responsibility and enforce our rights under any agreements and documents where we are a party;
- To fulfil any requirements of enforced laws and rules and disclose under the requirements of any enforced laws, regulations, directives, court orders, guidelines, directives, court orders, by-laws, guidelines, circulars or canon law enforced against us.
How is your data collected?
- Most, if not all, of your personal data was obtained from you, either from the following sources or from any other information you provided:
- When you register your details on the website for product and service inquiries;
- When you complete a new student registration form and a new student information form, as well as request or apply to register as INTEC Education College students (telephone registration, courier registration, walk-in registration, or electronic registration);
- When you communicate directly with the officers from the academic department, marketing unit or any of our representatives at INTEC Education College (face to face, e-mail, telephone, courier, or through any other medium) regarding our product and services;
- When you make any financial transactions to INTEC Education College;
- When you join, and when you interact with us during promotions, contests, tournaments, lucky draws, or special events at our location;
- When you participate in surveys or other researches; or
- If you are a candidate applying for a position at INTEC Education College or when you fill out forms regarding recruitment and selection process for evaluation purposes. We may also collect information about you from your referees provided that you have given us your consent.
You may request access to and request correction to your personal data. To exercise your rights, you will have to submit the “Application Form to Access/Update Personal Data”. You may obtain a copy of this form from:
Quality Assurance and Compliance, INTEC Education College
Telephone Number : 03 – 5522 7032
Fax Number : 03 – 5522 7065
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Any request to exercise your rights shall be administered as per the Act. Please be informed that pursuant to the Act, your request may be rejected in certain circumstances.
To whom we may disclose your information
Your personal data will be kept confidential but it may be provided or disclosed to third parties for the purposes stated above. Whilst we do not disclose your information to any third parties unless it is within the ambit of permitted disclosures under prevailing laws/guidelines and/or you have consented to such disclosure, we may disclose your information to the categories of parties as listed below (not restricted to):
- Ministries, government agencies, law enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies, industry regulators, ministries, and or agencies or statutory bodies, offices or municipalities in any jurisdiction, where required or authorized to do so to comply with any law, regulation, orders or inquiry from relevant authorities such as the Ministry of Education, Immigration Department of Malaysia, foreign embassies and its appointed agencies;
- Students’ sponsors including parents/guardians;
- Third parties that provide practical training;
- Professional Body or Accreditation and Examination Body;
- Third parties appointed by INTEC to provide services to the institution such as auditors, lawyers, suppliers, training provider companies, and insurance companies;
- Any other institutions or companies under UiTM Holdings Sdn. Bhd.
- Immediate family member and/or individuals that may be contacted during emergencies that can notify us with important updates from time to time;
- Data centers and/or servers located within Malaysia for data storage purposes;
- The public when you win a contest by publishing your name, photo and your other Personal Data without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes;
- Should there be any potential, proposal or actual sale/disposal of any of our services or interests, inclusion, acquisition, consolidation, organizational restructuring, financing practices or sales of our associated assets, or if winding up ("Transactions"), we require your Personal Data to be disclosed or transferred to a third party, as a result of, or in connection with, the Transactions. You hereby acknowledge that this disclosure and transfer may occur and you have allowed us to disclose and transfer your Personal Data to such third party and adviser/representative; and / or
- Any individual which reasonably require the same in order for us to operate and maintain the business or carry out the activities stated in the Purposes.
Limiting the processing of personal data
Although, as stated above, we only process your personal data for purposes stated above, in the event your personal data is being processed for other purposes (with your consent), you have a right to request us to stop such processing. You may exercise this right by contacting INTEC Education College’s Quality Assurance and Compliance.
Provision of Information
As an individual who provides your personal data to us, you have the right to decide what information that you wish to provide. However, please be informed that some of the information that we requested for are obligatory information for us. In the event if you choose not to provide and/or fail to supply us with such personal data, please note that it may necessarily mean that we will not be able to provide the full range of products, services and/or facilities for the purposes stated above.
We reserve the right to review and/or amend this Notice from time to time and will communicate such changes along with the updated Policy on our website, and/or other appropriate communication means as may be determined by us.