On June 18, 2014, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato’ Seri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak announced the establishment of a centre for professional accounting programmes in UiTM to boost the number of bumiputera professional accountants. The centre serves as the tuition provider for globally renowned professional accounting qualifications namely, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and also our homegrown professional qualification, Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA).
Establishment of Professional Accountancy (IPAC Education)
Following on the recommendation of the prime minister, UiTM has created Centre of Professional Accountancy UiTM (IPAC Education) on March 9, 2015 as a private entity under UiTM Holdings. This centre will be the pioneer and leader in providing professional accounting programmes specifically for the Bumiputeras. Initially, this centre is located at INTEC, Section 17, Shah Alam.
- Through establishment of this centre, the targeted surge in the number of Bumiputera professionally qualified accountants from 8 percent (1,554 people) currently to 25 percent by 2020 would be more viable.
- Bumiputera Economic Council (MEB) has mandated IPAC Education to increase the number of professional accountants.
- Establishment of IPAC Education will encourage industry participation and support in the form of capital contributions and donations on education funding.
- IPAC Education, as a private entity, is more flexible to cope with the rapid development and increasing competitiveness in the field of professional education.
- Lecturers’ KPI will be distinct and appropriately in tangent with the needs of education in the professional accountancy.
- To offer effective professional accounting programmes to the Bumiputeras.
- To aggressively increase the number of students’ enrollment at IPAC Education and thus amplifying the number of bumiputera professional accountant graduates.
- To progressively develop resources needs in teaching and learning at IPAC Education in line with the increasing number of students’ enrollment.
The admission process to all the professional accounting programmes including application by both Sponsorship and Self-Funding students, will be fully managed by IPAC Education Admission Committee from the session beginning June 2015.
Please click here for ... Results interview
*** Dates are subject to change without further notice. Please check INTEC website from time to time to avoid missing important deadlines.
NURUL AZWA HUSSEIN
Tel : (+603) 5522 7406
THURAIYA WAFFA ABDUL HALIM
Tel : (+603) 5522 7287
INTEC Education College
Block U, Jalan Senangin Satu 17/2A, Section 17,
40200 Shah Alam, Selangor
Tel : (+603) 5522 7440